-
February 6th, 2001, 06:41 PM
#21
MouhadIb
Guest
Phil,
We are going to check the car out and it wiring this weekend. IF we can't figure out what is wrong with it I will have to bring it to Mobile and leave it with you so that you can fix this problem since you did the install and know where everything is. I'll let you know.
BlownAway,
Yeah we checked to see if it is making a good ground connection and it is.
Well the only reason it idles ok is because when we took it to the dealership my friend adjusted the idle so that it doesn't kill when I have the AC on. Also I repalced the IACV with another one and it has the same effect on the car.
------------------
It take a Nation of Millions to hold Us Back!!!
C-SpeedRacing
[This message has been edited by MouhadIb (edited February 06, 2001).]
-
February 7th, 2001, 04:32 AM
#22
Inactive Member
As stated above:
"I was able to take the IACV out of the car and it definitely is the problem since we saw with our own eyes that it works properly"
Could you clarify on how you confirmed the IACV was working properly?
IMO:
First, as JRcivic stated, this control valve should not see more than 5v.
Second, this is a control valve, not a "on/off" solenoid valve, meaning that the ECU sends a pulse of voltage at varing frequency to control a variable position of this valve. 12v may make it activate, but it may not activate correctly/quickly with rapid pulses of 5v. I'm surprised the dealer didn't suggest replacing the IAC valve - they seem to fail often in other Honda engines.
About this IACV 5v pulse stuff, this is only a theory, after studying a couple Helms manuals (95 GSR & 89 Civic). They show cross-sectional views of the valve, but don't tell how the input signal controls the position of the valve. Pulses seem to be the best guess to me.
[This message has been edited by BlownAway (edited February 06, 2001).]
-
February 13th, 2001, 05:07 PM
#23
MouhadIb
Guest
-
February 13th, 2001, 06:29 PM
#24
Inactive Member
dont you hate when the answer is the simplest one. Congrats on getting it working right finally. 
------------------
2000 GSR [email protected]
-
February 13th, 2001, 08:21 PM
#25
Inactive Member
I hang my head in shame.
In my defense, I would have figured it out with more time.
-
February 13th, 2001, 08:32 PM
#26
Inactive Member
Shame, shame, shame.
Those connector wires are color coded, and you had the Helms manual right there.
I wonder what's pluged into the O2 sensor wire.
-
February 13th, 2001, 10:01 PM
#27
MouhadIb
Guest
-
February 13th, 2001, 10:46 PM
#28
Inactive Member
BlownAway,
Again, with more time, I would have figured it out. I had the car for a week, working on it only in the evenings. Jay's had his car back for months, and couldn't find it, even with the help of certified tech. Plus, that was my first Integra blower install. I've done several civics. I know, the book was right there, but it wasn't MY book. I know MY book, for MY car, intimately.
Jay,
You could try to reset the ECU again. But it'll probably throw a code again. I had to replace mine after running too rich for too long.
You might try an aftermarket bosch, or something. I might even consider getting a good single wire O2S, as well as a new OE sensor, and weld in a bung just to run your A/F ratio meter. That way the factory ECU sees what it needs to, and the A/F meter can read one of it's own that may have a better resolution. Just a thought.
-
February 14th, 2001, 12:28 PM
#29
Inactive Member
dang.....i hope everything goes well for man. Hmm..try replacing the o2? if u run rich too much, it could destroy it.
------------------
Houston, TX
1999 FBP Civic EX auto SUPERCHARGED Performance: Jackson Racing Supercharger w/fuel pump
Air Intake w/ Hiper Filter, Heat Shield Thermal Research & Development Cat-Back Exhaust, Accel Thundersport +300 Plug wires, Nuespeed Sport Springs, APC Rear Strut Tower Bar, APC Breather Filter, VTEC Light
www.geocities.com/tom_civic99
-
February 18th, 2001, 12:17 AM
#30
MouhadIb
Guest
Okay so here is my question/problem now. Since the plugs were reversed/corrected......the sensor that had been tapped in from the JR Relay and another soursce is now on the IACV.
This shouldn't be this way should it? What are the steps I need to take in order to fix this problem so that I have the proper connections.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers
------------------
It take a Nation of Millions to hold Us Back!!!
C-SpeedRacing
[This message has been edited by MouhadIb (edited February 17, 2001).]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks